Joshua Morin wrote a very detailed article about the deployment and usage of Snorby SPSA.
Snorby Preconfigured Security Application (SPSA) is developed by Phillip Bailey and is an ISO disc image solution based on Ubuntu server 8.4 LTS. SPSA makes installation of Snort effortless for anyone with minimal knowledge of configuring or deploying Snort. It’s possible to get Snort up and running out of the box within a few minutes with SPSA. Read the full article on hakin9.org November issue.
In the issue:
* Deploying & Utilizing Intrusion Detection Using Snorby
* Malware Incident Response – Outbreak Scenario
* TDSS botnet – full disclosure
* When XOR is your friend…
* Proactive Defenses and Free Tools
* Wuala – Secure Online Storage
* Book review: A beginners Guide to Ethical Hacking
* An analysis of the spyware threat and how to protect a PC
* Electronic Cold War